The Best Website Accessibility team of experts assessed many paid and free website accessibility solutions. Our review process is mandated following a strict review process, with every solution thoroughly researched on seven main categories. The grading system is based on scoring several separate variables across these seven categories. Overall a platform has to score high on all of them. To check if the platform works properly for everyone and every website, all tests are carried out on various software and devices.
From web development to technology, content, design, data analysis, customer service, our specialized team has over 20 years of experience in the digital world. We are a trustworthy, independent, unbiased and credible web accessibility authority. We value your opinion. Delivering the best service that will support you in your journey to full web accessibility is at the core of all we do. In the field of web accessibility, our reviews and research show that we are a reliable source and an authority.
How do we review Web Accessibility Solutions?
Every week we provide you with new web accessibility articles and solution reviews. Which our team of digital software specialists carefully selects and thoroughly researches. Our guides and reviews are based on hundreds of hours of research. Our team of web accessibility experts follow are strict research protocol they have designed. To make sure all our reviews are 100% accurate, our specialists follow the steps explained in detail below. All tests are performed on different software and devices to check if the system works properly for everyone and every website. Let’s explore how we review.
Our team of experts evaluated all website accessibility solutions on multiple separate variables across seven primary areas for Best Website Accessibility. For a web accessibility solution to receive a high score, it needs to perform well in every single category. The seven primary categories that are part of our 7-step review process are:
- Customer Support
- Platform Integrations
How we score each category
Every variable is evaluated and rated with a score. Below you can find a list of example questions based on specific variables, that we ask ourselves when researching the categories. Answers to these questions give a good overview on how we review.
- Easy to use: Is this platform easy to navigate and does it enhance its solution? How does it work on either public and private websites?
- Features: How many features are included in this web accessibility solution and does it cover all web accessibility for visual, audio, cognitive and mobility updates? Does the solution include compliance for all visual accessibility, audio accessibility, mobility accessibility, cognitive accessibility, neurological accessibility, and speech accessibility? What additional features does it offer?
- Customer Service: How is customer service and do they 24/7, email, call, live chat support, iOS and additional Android support and a detailed FAQ? But also, does the platform offer training options?
- Value for Money: Is the platform free or does it offer a one-off payment or are there packages or subscriptions offered? Does the solution offer a free scan?
- Compliance: Will the web accessibility solution offer you full compliance following the ADA, WCAG, Section 508, and GDPR requirements?
- Automation: Does the solution offer automated intelligence or manual and is the solution available on every device, desktop and mobile?
- Platform Integrations: Are daily updates, a weekly update, or certification provided? Last but not least, does the solution work globally, in all the mandatory accessibility countries such as the United States, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom and parts of the European Union?
All these questions are variables related to the top categories of our review process. For every “Yes” answer to a variable, we give the platform a grade from 1 to 10. All the grades per variable are summed up and divided by the total of variables for that category. With number 1 being “very bad” and number 10 being “excellent”. Then the grades per category are summed up and divided by 7 (the total number of categories), which gives us the final overall grade.
An honest grading system
This grading system is honest because the grades of the first four categories weigh more than the three other categories. You can see the percentage per category. This way, you get a trustworthy rating per solution.
- User-Friendliness: is the platform easy-to-use, clear to navigate, are updates easy to implement and is all information easy to find? 20%
- Features: what features are offered for disabilities: vision, hearing, cognitive, mobility? 20%
- Customer Support: does the website accessibility solution offer good customer support? Can you contact them 24/7, per email, live chat, or give them a phone call? Is there additional iOS support and Android support? Does the platform offer additional training and free educational courses? Can you easily find answers to your questions through their FAQ? Do they offer a Web Accessibility Certification? 20%
- Pricing: does the solution offer transparency regarding their prices and subscription packages? 20%
- Compliance: does the solution offers updates following all regulations: ADA, WCAG, Section 508, GDPR? 10%
- Automation: does the web accessibility solution offer automated and/or manual updates? 5%
- Platform Integrations: platform offers a free scan, demo account, the solution works in all main location such as the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia and the European countries. 5%